Sunday, April 26, 2009

2. The Strange Echo 1934

2. The Strange Echo, 1934

This is a "vacation" mystery, where Kay is invited by her best friends the Worth Twins to solve the mystery of "Lost Lakes."

I have to say that I am a huge Kay fan. Kay and her friends are involved in a radio show also in this story and cousin Bill has a love interest which I haven't seen in other stories from the series I have read. There is even a rival for Kay's affections as Red and his friends help Kay solve this mystery.

As well as the main mystery the book incorporates other adventures as the boat that Kay is in springs a leak and the girls save a dog that resurfaces later.

The most disappointing aspect of this book is the ending. Kay faints and misses the whole thing of the police arriving and the bad guys being captured, knew I should worry when there was so much to tie up in the story with only 2 chapters to go. Worst part is they all call Kay the mystery solver and the hero. Give me a break, she was out cold and missed it all, that was lamest ending I have read to a Kay Tracey book yet.

Its a pity these books are all inidividual and not a true series in that the characters develop each book, as a result the other love interest aspect was never going to be developed and also poor Bill will be single again by the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment